“PANMUNJOM, SOUTH KOREA – APRIL 27: North Korean leader Kim Jong Un (L) and South Korean President Moon Jae-in (R) shake hands after announcing the Panmunjom Declaration for Peace, Prosperity and Unification of the Korean Peninsula during the Inter-Korean Summit in front of the Peace House on April 27, 2018 in Panmunjom, South Korea. Kim and Moon meet at the border today for the third-ever Inter-Korean summit talks after the 1945 division of the peninsula, and first since 2007 between then President Roh Moo-hyun of South Korea and Leader Kim Jong-il of North Korea. (Photo by Korea Summit Press Pool/Getty Images)”

 

“You have forgotten that through prayer, you can stop wars, you can alter the laws of nature.”

BVM – Medjugorje

 

Less than a year from April 27, we were on red alert to a nuclear war. North Korean leader Kim Jong-un was testing nuclear missiles and US President Donald Trump was making threats to counter. Both leaders were playing ‘chicken’ as to who would press the red button to start a war and who would retaliate. South Korean President, Moon Jae-in was on tenterhooks, anxiously awaiting what would happen next. In truth, humanity was on tenterhooks.

And now, only days ago, we see both the North and South Korean leaders shaking hands in friendship. Yes, I know some of you think it’s too early to celebrate peace when there could have been war. But I say we need to celebrate, for to do so is a form of prayer. A prayer which draws to itself the welcome feeling of joy and gratefulness, that what was a grave situation and life denying threat has been averted. I understand that some of you may be thinking that we need more time before we can accept the peace this encounter promises. But I say even a small step towards peace is worthy of joyous celebration.

Below is part of the article I wrote for 2017 in view of our current 225 Major Time Cycle. I’m re posting here because I believe like so many of you, that prayer is a prime mover when it comes to attaining the good that we desire.

 

Here it is-

How you can make a difference-

The Maharishi effect is a term given and proven to influence situations involving the majority by the minority. Individual consciousness influences collective consciousness and vice versa. According to the Maharishi effect, it takes only1% of the population, to meditate on peace, to feel it, want it and live it, in order for it to become a reality in the remainder 99%.

You and I can utilise this in our own way. Begin with yourself, or with your own family or your work place. If you want to go further you can organise small prayer/meditation groups in your community where you can join with others in a focus of peace and love. You can use your garden or living room, church or school halls. I urge you to do this. It doesn’t matter how small your group is, or if it’s just one or two of you. It has potential to make a difference for good in your life, in your community, and ultimately in our world.

The Maharishi effect is not about rote prayer, but more about quieting the mind and allowing yourself to feel the quiet, the peace and the love and remaining in this state for as long as you can without effort. Some of us might begin with a few moments and then with practise extend it longer. The important thing to remember is that even 5 minutes can make a difference. I urge you to do this, for humanity’s sake. So peace, love and joy can have a chance to overwhelm all that is their opposite.

end

 

Previous post

Bullying – could this be the game changer?

Next post

THE BARRIER TO SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT

No Comment

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *